Top 10 Brain Foods To Improve Memory
Brain foods are a great way to improve our memory. As we get older we become more interested in the care of our bodies. You may be among many people suffering from memory loss. You may be simply looking for ways to improve your memory. Whatever reason it may be that you are interested in brain foods, you may be surprised by the simplicity of adding these top brain foods to your daily intake as well as the effects they may have on your mind.
Interesting Causes of Memory Loss
You may be surprised to find that the first 2 foods on this list are also causes for memory loss if not consumed enough. Though short-term memory loss can happen in relation to dementia, drug abuse and neurological illness, it can also be caused by surprising factors such as overeating, stress and vitamin deficiency. The first two brain foods on our list are B12 and Omega 3 fatty acids(Improve Memory).
1. B12 – B12 is required for red blood cell distribution. Without enough B12 in your system you brain does not receive enough oxygen which can in turn lead to short-turn memory loss. Depression, muscular pains, skin itching and eye twitches are also symptoms of low B12.
2. Omega 3 Fatty Acids – Omega 3’s one of the best brain foods and are found in dark meat and fish such as salmon and tuna. You will have the best luck finding this in oily fish. Omega 3 fatty acid is a good type of oil.
Vitamins Minerals Fuel Your Brain
Increasing vitamins and minerals in our diets can help to prevent damage caused by our inability to repair and replace brain cells that occurs with age. While it is true that we experience memory loss with age, anybody can experience it just as anybody can improve memory. Vitamins and minerals are great brain foods for preventing memory loss. The next four foods on our list are folic acid, calcium, iron and magnesium each a vitamin or minerals.
3. Folic Acid – Folic acid is a vitamin that helps to fight Alzheimer disease. A B complex, this brain food can be found in green vegetables, beans, orange juice and whole grains.
4. Calcium – Calcium is part of the enzyme production and can also cause memory loss if you are low in your calcium level. You may be familiar with the fact that calcium is found in dairy but did you know it is also in leafy greens such as spinach and kale?
5. Iron – Iron is an important mineral for many reasons. Iron produces the chemicals in your brain that are essential for restoring memory. Iron is found in red meat and beans. Some foods such as cereal are also fortified with iron
6. Magnesium – Magnesium is one of the important brain foods and minerals as well. It aids in brain cell growth when you are a child and it also helps your brain function as an adult. Magnesium is often found in fish, nuts, potatoes and whole grains help to improve memory.
Nuts Make Brainy Snacks Improve Memory
Research has shown that nuts and seeds are a brain food that can not only boost your mind but also help to balance your moods. Snacking on nuts has been said to help you to think clearer, feel happier and snack smarter.
7. Nuts & Seeds – Nuts such as walnuts, cashews and almonds are high in vitamins and minerals that your mind benefits from. Though they are better consumed in moderation, they make for the perfect snack.
Three Great Additions To Your Everyday Routine
You can benefit greatly from adding all of the items on this list to your everyday routine. Here are three last items that both benefit you as brain foods as well as energy boosters.
8. Complete Protein – Proteins provide amino acids which create neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters are the chemicals that aid in mood shifts and focus. Eggs, cheese, fish and poultry are all examples of complete proteins.
9. Fruit – Fruits contain antioxidants which neutralize toxins. Toxins can destroy your brain cells. Fruits also help with circulation which increases oxygen provided to the brain. Blueberries, Cherries and Apples all make great brain foods.
10. Exercise – Along with all of these brain foods, you want to be sure to get a healthy amount of exercise as well. Physical health goes hand in hand Improve Memory.
What are some of your favorite brain foods? How do you incorporate these foods into your daily meals? Share your Improve Memory tips, recipes and stories in the comment box below.